Friday, October 20, 2006

Mama, Ranger cookies, and To Kill a Mockingbird!

Since I had a little "procedure" this week, Mama came to take care of me. It was wonderful. Wednesday, we made Ranger cookies. Mom made Ranger cookies for my entire class in Kindergarten (and many other times). This was probably the first time since high school we'd been able to do something like that. We had a great time. Here's the recipe:

Cream 2 sticks butter (real butter) and 1 cup sugar and 1 cup brown sugar. Add 2 eggs (slightly beaten) and vanilla and almond extracts (I put a lot). In separate bowl, combine 2 cups flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 2 teaspoons baking soda. Add flour combo to sugar combo. Add 2 cups oatmeal, 1 cup coconut, 1 cup chopped nuts, 2 cups corn flakes, and a 12oz bag of chocolate chips. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. They were awesome. After experimenting, we discovered that Airbake pans work the best.

You should definitely try these.....wonderful.

Mom said that she was watching a game show, and she got the question right when they asked what Scout's real name was (from To Kill a Mockingbird). This is the best book ever, and I've read it many times. I actually have the same copy that my mom read as a child--Granny sent it to me in 5th grade. So we got the book out and looked it up. If anyone ever asks, Scout's real name was JEAN LOUISE FINCH. fyi.

Read it...

No comments: